We are a team of motivated people with big ambitions. We founded ModernAdvisor with a simple mission: to help Canadians invest better by combining our investment expertise with the latest software and web technologies. We have developed an investment solution that is easy-to-use, free of conflicts of interest, high quality, low-cost, and available to everyone – not just the wealthy.
We understand that to be a great company, we need great people on our team. So, if you have an awesome attitude, enjoy a challenge, want to make a difference, and like to grow and prosper with a startup, we would love to hear from you.
– Develop high-performance user interfaces for new features using AngularJS
– Develop back-end APIs for our web and mobile apps in Ruby on Rails
– Integrate third-party APIs
- TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
– Minimum 3 years of experience as a web developer
– Solid experience in web technologies, including jQuery, MySQL, XML, CSS, and HTML
– Experience using Git and Github
– Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
– iOS and Android experience would be an asset
– A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related would be an asset
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
– You always produce great quality work, because you don’t know any other way
– You have a can-do attitude and don’t shy away from a challenge
– You enjoy working in a small, dynamic team.
– Prior knowledge of finance and investments would be an asset
- WHY APPLY
At ModernAdvisor you will enjoy:
– Growing with a well-funded startup in one of the hottest areas of FinTech
– A Competitive salary and options plan
– Extended health and dental benefits
– Three weeks of paid vacation
– Flexible work hours
– The option to work remotely one day a week
– Working with a young and driven team of developers and designers.
– A company culture that promotes collaboration and learning from each other
- NEXT STEPS
- Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.